Duplicate Florida Title
If the original certificate of title has been lost or destroyed, a duplicate certificate of title may be issued.
When there is an outstanding lien on record, only the lienholder may apply for a duplicate certificate of title.
When the title record reflects an electronic title status, a duplicate title cannot be processed.
The owner of the vehicle, vessel or mobile home or their appointed Power of Attorney (POA)
Form 82053, must bring the following documents into the Tax Collector’s Office:
- Proof of Identification:
- A Florida driver license or identification card
- An out of state driver license or identification card with photo
- A US passport
- A Canadian driver license, identification card or passport
- A driver license or identification card from any U.S. Territory (American Samoa, Guam, Marianas, Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands)
- An out of country passport
Form 82101, Application for Duplicate or Lost In
Transit/Reassignment for a Motor Vehicle, Mobile Home or
Vessel Title Certificate accurately completed. If there is more than one vehicle owner and the title is connected by “and”, all parties will have to sign the application.
- When the address on the
Form 82101, Application for Duplicate or Lost In Transit/Reassignment for a Motor Vehicle, Mobile Home or Vessel Title
Certificate is different from the address on DMS records, submit a copy of one of the following proofs of change of address:
- The motor vehicle owner’s photo ID (Driver License, Florida ID, Business credential, etc.)
- Paid receipt for telephone or utilities.
- Paid contract or connect order for utilities
- Proof of homestead exemption
- Rental or lease contract agreement
- Current year vehicle registration certificate
- Homeowner's or renter's insurance policy
- If the lien has been satisfied, a lien satisfaction,
Form 82260 must be submitted with the duplicate title application.
- A current odometer reading is required on a duplicate or lost in transit application when applied for by the owner. If the vehicle is 10 years old or
older, the vehicle is exempt from all odometer requirements.
- Duplicate Title Fees:
- Title Fees - $78.25
- Fast Title Fee - $10.00 (title issued at time of application, fee is in addition to title fee)
- Shipping and Handling Fee - $2.50 - for each paper title printed and mailed
NOTE: The duplicate or lost in transit certificate of title voids the original certificate of title. If the original certificate of title is located, it should be forwarded to DHSMV for destruction.